Name in Latin: Boraginaceae
Name in English: Borage Family ; Forget me not Family
Growth Habit: herbaceous perennial plant
Flower: Bright, clear blue, 5 petals in a disc, with little yellow "ring" at the center.
Blooming Period: Jul to September
Leaf: Basal leaves elliptical and hairy, in a rosette at the bottom, about 2 cm long.
Care and Handling
Lasting Quality: text
Amount of water: text
Special handling: text
• The whole Forget me not plant has astringent and ophthalmic properties and can be used as a lotion.
• Forget me not plant's properties are an excellent remedy for many eye diseases.
• Forget me not plant is propagated by division in March or October or by stem cuttings taken in summer.
• The Forget me not flowers can be used in rock gardens.
• The variety Myosotis alba has white flowers and the variety Myosotis aurea has yellow flowers.